Your sump pump is one of those items you may not remember until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s working as it should. The good news is that the experts at Mountainwest Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Salt Lake City home.
Sump pumps can stop running for several of different reasons and we’ve probably seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Mountainwest Service Experts a call to come out and explore your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance tricks to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our team will check your sump pump for proper operation and if we see any clue of a impending issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is important to take note there are several easy things that you can do to ensure you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tipping to one side as it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can attract small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unclogged.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your home and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at Mountainwest Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 385-399-0280
or request an appointment online.