According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The estimated cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Mountainwest Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to evade sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Salt Lake City don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Mountainwest Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the experience, training and proficiency to handle everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or clog, make sure to contact us at 385-399-0280
as soon as you suspect a problem to prevent as much, maybe expensive, harm to your home and plumbing system as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are discarding waste correctly.
- Discarding grease down your drain will create a obstruction in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper products except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can lead to a backup.
- Have Mountainwest Service Experts install and oversee a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Mountainwest Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and correct them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Mountainwest Service Experts today at 385-399-0280
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.