If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People inside the home experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are concerned they could be caused by a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.
Sometimes the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in most cases the homeowner is responsible. Luckily, the experts at Mountainwest Service Experts are highly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of things to get done around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Salt Lake City codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to repairing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Mountainwest Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to do a variety of gas line projects in the Salt Lake City community, so no job is too tall of an order for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As stated before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are on their way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Mountainwest Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 promptly if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Install and utilize an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks promptly.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.