Fight Allergies in Salt Lake City with a UV Germicidal Light

Ultraviolet light was originally used to heal tuberculosis. Today, it’s used to sterilize hospitals, some foods during processing, water and air. Germicidal lamps can also make your Salt Lake City home’s environment cleaner.

A UV lamp can decontaminate HVAC systems and enhance the air quality in your Salt Lake City home. It can wipe out mold, bacteria, viruses and other pathogens within 10 seconds of contact.

This can prompt relief for asthma and allergy sufferers, especially in hot, humid locations where mold and bacteria prosper. These lights may even help your HVAC equipment work longer, since they keep pieces clean.

Our Experts can advise you on the equipment that will work best for your home and your family’s needs. And all work by Mountainwest Service Experts is supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.*

How Does Germicidal UV Light Work?

Ultraviolet lamps are put inside your ductwork, near your HVAC system, and run continuously. These lamps use ultraviolet radiation and special lightbulbs to wipe out the DNA of bacteria or a virus.

In as little as 10 seconds, this potent light halts contaminants from spreading throughout your HVAC system and home.

Two studies have shown how effective UV light is in combating germs and mold.

In 2012, researchers at Duke University Medical Center used it to take care of 97 percent of drug-resistant bacteria in 50 hospital rooms.

In 2001, researchers found UV light “significantly lowered” mold concentration in a commercial office building’s HVAC system.

A germicidal system can also wipe out odors and airborne bioaerosols like pollen or pet dander. It’s not useful against dust, which is best controlled by an air filtration system.

Is UV Germicidal Light Safe?

Using UV light in your home is safe as long as you follow a couple of safety measures.

The sun emits ultraviolet light, which has a shorter wavelength than visible light. It’s at fault for causing painful sunburns. Prolonged overexposure can result in wrinkles, skin cancer and eye problems.

The type of light used in a germicidal system is stronger, so it’s important to let Mountainwest Service Experts handle installation and maintenance. You should never look directly at the light or allow bare skin touch it.