We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share the common heating problems Salt Lake City homeowners often call Mountainwest Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of causes why your Salt Lake City home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Listed below are the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Lack of maintenance may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Mountainwest Service Experts can quickly spot the problem area and make the needed repairs. Getting a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, plenty of combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also primary elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact Mountainwest Service Experts of Salt Lake City at 385-399-0280 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.