There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Salt Lake City. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The experts at Mountainwest Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather comes to Salt Lake City, too. Take a look at some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Salt Lake City this season.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cool winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the heating season.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance performed can save you money if worse problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional benefits, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Mountainwest Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Salt Lake City, give us a call at 385-399-0280 or schedule an appointment with Mountainwest Service Experts through our online scheduler.