Avoid Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and Save Money with Mountainwest Service Experts

September 03, 2016

Can you smell that? The bonfires, the pumpkin spice lattes, the dry leaves? Mmm…fall is coming. Time to get ready! Have you received your football tickets to your favorite team? Have you put away your tank tops and sandals and pulled out your coats and boots? Have you changed your sheets from cotton to flannel to help you stay comfy when the cooler temperatures arrive?

Have you examined your home’s carbon monoxide detector?

 

Carbon monoxide, as published by the CDC, is generated by fireplaces, furnaces, stoves, and gas ranges. The colorless and odorless gas is known as the silent killer because it’s essentially undetectable without a carbon monoxide detector.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be deadly to pets, children, and adults. Over 20,000 people visit the emergency room every year because of carbon monoxide poisoning. Typical CO poisoning symptoms are dizziness, headache, chest pain, and upset stomach. Due to the fact that the symptoms imitate the flu, many people do not recognize they could be seriously ill.

With the drop in temperatures driving homeowners to switch on their furnaces, carbon monoxide poisoning jumps during the cooler months while people are doing whatever they can to keep warm. When properly installed by certified technicians, devices such as furnaces will safety express carbon monoxide outside, but your furnace should be inspected yearly to confirm there are no issues that could produce poisoning from CO.

Mountainwest Service Experts recommends replacing household carbon monoxide detectors every five years, and testing your carbon monoxide and fire detectors each month to ensure the batteries and alarm are operating properly. Fall is the perfect time to inspect your home’s CO and smoke detectors, and invest in a new one in necessary.

As part of a Precision tune-up from Mountainwest Service Experts, our team will test your furnace to make sure it is functioning properly and look for carbon monoxide leaks. Through November 25th, Mountainwest Service Experts will be giving discounts on our heating and cooling Precision tune-ups to help homeowners make sure their furnace will operate safety and efficiently through the winter. You can also get U.S. governmental tax credits of up to $500 for specific HVAC equipment that can be earned throughout the rest of 2016.

To keep your loved ones safe and warm all winter, call Mountainwest Service Experts today at 385-399-0280to schedule your Fall Precision tune-up, or set up a free in-home estimate for a new, energy-efficient HVAC system.

Contact Us